SuperYacht Times is an ambitious media and data company in the luxury yacht business. Based in Amsterdam, we conquer the superyacht world with cool and innovative marketing and intelligence solutions.
Available jobs in Amsterdam
SuperYacht Times is looking for a staff writer to join its editorial team. An international media company based in Amsterdam, SYT is at the cutting edge of one of the most exclusive industries in the world â€“ the superyacht business. Working across many platforms including our daily news website, bi-monthly newspaper and rapidly growing social media channels, we make the world of yachting accessible and exciting while providing unrivalled industry information to the superyacht business.
About the job
As a rapidly expanding company, we are looking for a staff writer to help create content across all our platforms. The successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum of one yearâ€™s experience in a Writer/Copywriter role or similar.
- Be able to jump on work for both our print and online editors.
- Have a solid portfolio of published work.
- Be confident and competent at interviewing contributors.
- Have creative ideas for both print and online.
- Demonstrate a high attention to detail.
- Really enjoy writing. We want someone who loves the craft of pulling stories together, whether itâ€™s quick-fire online news reports or long-form interviews.
- Be keen to travel.
- Have a sense of urgency, show initiative, and be able to meet deadlines.
- Native English, both written and spoken.
- Permission to live and work in the Netherlands.
Knowledge of the yachting world is not essential; that can be learned along the way. What is essential is a can-do attitude and proven writing acumen. We want someone who can break down a print interview into an online list feature, who can quickly post a news report confident theyâ€™ve nailed the facts, and who is up for interviewing people from all areas of the industry. The successful candidate will work closely with the editors, providing copy and ideas. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to hone their writing skills and expand their portfolio in a unique market. Weâ€™re also partial to company beers on Friday afternoons, which is always a plus.
Please feel free to be creative in your applications. Send your resume, a cover letter and examples of your work to [email protected]